Josh Pond, Berries, Cheese and more
Wild Blueberry Truffles Celebrate Valentine’s Day with this sweet and decadent wild blueberry truffle recipe! The fragrant smell of wild blueberries truly shine in this fun and tasty treat! Recipe below
WILD BLUEBERRY SYRUP INGREDIENTS 3 cups Josh Pond frozen wild organic blueberries 1/2 cup water 1/2 cup sugar Pinch salt
TRUFFLE INGREDIENTS 8 oz semi sweet dark chocolate 2/3 cup heavy cream 1 tablespoon butter 1 teaspoon vanilla 3 tablespoons wild blueberry syrup (more if you want a stronger blueberry flavor) 1 cup cocoa powder
INSTRUCTIONS 1. Mix syrup ingredients together in a pot and let slowly simmer over medium-low heat until blueberries are mostly broken down, about 30 minutes.
2. Strain through fine sieve to collect the syrup.
3. Chop the chocolate finely and put in medium heat-safe bowl.
4. Slowly heat cream and butter in a small pan on stove until close to simmering. Pour over chocolate and gently stir to mix.
5. Briefly swirl in vanilla and the wild blueberry syrup. Transfer to cool in refrigerator, and let sit 60 minutes or so.
6. Pour cocoa into a medium sized bowl. Remove truffles from refrigerator, and using a spoon or melon baller, make small balls by rolling between your hands briefly.
7. Roll in cocoa. Enjoy immediately or store in fridge for a couple days.